Canada's government is giving $25 million in taxpayers dollars to UNRWA. UNRWA has been infiltrated and taken over by an Islamic terrorist group that spreads anti-Semitism and perpetuates violent terrorist activities. UNRWA should not be funded by the Canadian government.
On Wednesday November 16th, 2016 – the Minister for International Development of Canada announced a $25 million contribution to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), an organization that is supposed to provide healthcare, education, and social services to the Palestinian people.
However, there have been numerous cases that prove the UNRWA is not merely a UN project. Rather the UNRWA has become an obstacle to peace in the Israeli-Arab conflict.
The UNRWA has been infiltrated and taken over by an Islamic terrorist group that spreads anti-Semitism and perpetuates violent terrorist activities. The UNRWA should not be funded by the Canadian government.
- At least ten different UNRWA staffers are using the imprimatur of their official positions to incite Palestinian stabbing and shooting attacks against Israeli Jews, with one calling on Facebook to “stab Zionist dogs (UN Watch)
- As recently as October 2015, the United Nations acknowledged UNRWA’s problem with radicalism and suspended ten employees for inciting violence against Jews on social media (Jerusalem Post)
- UNRWA schools and textbooks demonstrates that the educational contents do not encourage a constructive understanding of Israelis and Palestinians. Instead, they propagate a climate of violence (Mideast Freedom Forum)
- The comprehensive study by Dr. Arnon Groiss of the textbooks used in UNRWA schools found they include content that implements the adherence to the so-called “right of return” of Palestinian refugees and their descendants to the State of Israel at all cost and even encourages a ‘right of return’ through force of arms and jihad. (CIJ News)
- Teachers in UNRWA schools have taught students that compromising with Israel is the equivalent of treason, that Jews are villains, and that the Israeli state is both illegitimate and temporary (Algemeiner)
- In 2013, Israeli media outlets aired a video documenting UNRWA-funded summer camps where children are being taught to engage in violence with Israelis (Times of Israel) (Jewish Press)
- In 2009, Hamas caused UNRWA to suspend a decision to introduce Holocaust studies in its schools (Economist)
PRO-HAMAS AND PRO-ISLAMIC TERRORISM
- In its local union elections, UNRWA members openly embrace an Islamist agenda and have repeatedly elected a slate of pro-Hamas and pro-terrorism candidates. (Middle East Monitor) (Fox News)
- Nidal Abd al-Fattah Abdallah Nazzal, an ambulance driver for UNRWA was arrested by Israeli security services in August 2002. Nidal admitted that he was a Hamas activist and that he had transported weapons and explosives to terrorists in his ambulance, taking advantage of the freedom of movement afforded to UNRWA vehicles by the Israelis. (Jewish Policy Centre)
- Nahd Rashid Ahmad Atallah, a senior official of UNRWA, was arrested by Israeli security in August 2002. He used his UNRWA car to transport armed members of the “Popular Resistance Committees,” a militant faction of the Fatah movement, to carry out attacks against Israeli troops at the Karni Crossing (Jewish Policy Centre)
- Several cases during Operation Protective Edge (2014) of Islamic terrorists using UNRWA as a front (CIJ News) (International Institute for Counter-Terrorism)
- UNRWA operations are being used as a cover for Palestinian terrorists, including smuggling arms in UN ambulances and hosting meetings of Tanzim in UNRWA buildings (New York Times)
- When UNRWA suspended a union leader for suspected Hamas activity, staff went on strike (Economist)
- “Due to a lack of funding”, UNRWA cancelled summer camp for children in 2014 – Hamas organized the summer camp instead – the summer camps for kids included military training (Al Monitor)
- Suheil al-Hindi, an UNRWA teachers’ representative, openly applauded suicide bombings at a school in the Jabaliya refugee camp in Gaza in 2003 (Jewish Policy Centre)
- The Center for Near East Policy Research documented how the controlling union of UNRWA is led by Hamas jihadi Suheil Al Hindi. It also noted that eleven of fourteen positions in the UNRWA teachers’ union have been filled by Hamas members. (Breitbart)
- Notable graduates of the UNRWA school system include former Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh (Belfast Telegraph) and Abd al-Aziz Rantisi, the former Hamas chief (Jewish Policy Centre)