Iranian Mullahs are violently cracking down on protesters defying the fundamentalist Islamic regime. These violent clashes have so far received little coverage in the Canadian mainstream media. Canadians deserve to know the truth.
While the Left and mainstream media always jump to demonize Israel for defending its borders against Hamas-led attacks, there has been silence when it comes to the Iranian Islamic regime’s violent crackdown on its own people.
The Iranian people’s demands are simple: they want democracy, freedom, and human rights.
Here are the facts:
At least two Iranians are dead after Iranian security forces fired on protesters in the city of Kazeroon in the province of Fars some 900 kilometers south of Tehran in southwestern Iran
- At least six others are injured
- Peaceful protests have been taking place for weeks in Kazeroon against the oppressive Iranian regime.
- Protesters were chanting “Our enemy is right here! They're lying when they say it's America!”
A May 16 protest ended in dozens of arrests, according to the exiled National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), a coalition of Iranian opposition groups
- Hundreds of people gathered outside the police station where the protesters were being held, vowing not to leave until the protesters were released
- Regime forces fired tear gas on the crowd in an effort to disperse it
- Regime forces then OPENED FIRE on the crowd, resulting in at least two deaths and many injuries
- They murdered unarmed protesters who were peacefully gathered
- In response to the shots, the angered protesters entered the police station and set it on fire
- Clashes in the streets continued until midnight
Since late December, anti-government demonstrations have sprung up in hundreds of cities and towns across Iran.
- These protests were driven by government corruption, mismanagement, and repression.
- The regime’s crackdown in the early days of the protests led to 23 deaths and almost 4,000 arrests.
- At times, protesters have chanted “death to Khamenei” and “death to the dictator”.
- The U.S. cited the Iranian regime’s “crackdown” on protesters in announcing its decision to withdraw from Iran nuclear deal
Five years ago, Canada was standing up to the tyrannical regime in Tehran under the leadership of Stephen Harper. This is no longer the case.
The Trudeau government has quietly been working to re-establish ties with the Islamic Republic of Iran. They’ve had several closed-door meetings with Iran’s mullahs, and despite Iran’s belligerent behaviour, Trudeau wants to open an Iranian embassy in Ottawa.
Why won’t the Trudeau government stand with the Iranian people?