The United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) has been infiltrated and taken over by an Islamic group with direct ties to terrorism. UNRWA spreads anti-Semitism, indoctrinates children to hate Jews and uses its resources to aid jihadist terrorism.
UNRWA should not be funded by the Canadian government, or supported by any government that cares about peace and security.
On October 13th, the Trudeau government announced that they will be contributing $50 million to UNRWA.
There is significant evidence showing that UNRWA is not merely a UN project, but rather, that is works closely with Palestinian terrorist groups, including Hamas.
UNRWA is an obstacle to peace in the Israeli-Arab conflict.
- At least ten different UNRWA staffers are using their official positions to incite Palestinian violence against Jews. Officials have called for stabbing and shooting attacks against Israeli Jews. One official took to Facebook to write a post calling on Palestinians to “stab Zionist dogs (UN Watch)
- As recently as October 2015, the United Nations acknowledged UNRWA’s problem with radicalism and suspended ten employees for inciting violence against Jews on social media (Jerusalem Post)
- UNRWA schools and textbooks do not encourage a constructive understanding of Israelis and Palestinians. Instead, they propagate a climate of violence and perpetuate harmful stereotypes about Jewish people (Mideast Freedom Forum)
- A comprehensive study by Dr. Arnon Groiss of the textbooks used in UNRWA schools found they include content that implements the adherence to the so-called “right of return” of Palestinian refugees and their descendants to the State of Israel, a major obstacle to peace. These textbooks encourage a "right of return" through force of arms and jihad. (CIJ News)
- Teachers in UNRWA schools have taught students that compromising with Israel is the equivalent of treason, that Jews are villains, and that the Israeli state is both illegitimate and temporary (Algemeiner)
- In 2013, Israeli media outlets aired a video documenting UNRWA-funded summer camps where children are being taught to engage in violence with Israelis (Times of Israel) (Jewish Press)
- According to the Economist, "UNRWA survives increasingly by operating on Hamas's terms. It has suspended the introduction of Holocaust studies in its schools, and has made all its summer camps single-sex." (Economist)
PRO-HAMAS AND PRO-ISLAMIC TERRORISM
- In its local union elections, UNRWA members openly embrace an Islamist agenda and have repeatedly elected a slate of pro-Hamas and pro-terrorism candidates. (Middle East Monitor) (Fox News)
- Nidal Abd al-Fattah Abdallah Nazzal, an ambulance driver for UNRWA was arrested by Israeli security services. He admitted that he was a Hamas activist and that he had transported weapons and explosives to terrorists in his ambulance, taking advantage of the freedom of movement afforded to UNRWA vehicles by the Israelis. (Jewish Policy Centre)
- Nahd Rashid Ahmad Atallah, a senior official of UNRWA, was arrested by Israeli security. He used his UNRWA car to transport armed members of the “Popular Resistance Committees,” a militant faction of the Fatah movement, to carry out attacks against Israeli troops at the Karni Crossing (Jewish Policy Centre)
- There were several cases during the 2014 Operation Protective Edge where Islamic terrorists were using UNRWA as a front (CIJ News) (International Institute for Counter-Terrorism)
- The New York Times reports that UNRWA operations are being used as a cover for Palestinian terrorists, including smuggling arms in UN ambulances and hosting meetings of Tanzim in UNRWA buildings (New York Times)
- When UNRWA suspended a union leader for suspected Hamas activity, staff went on strike (Economist)
- “Due to a lack of funding”, UNRWA cancelled summer camp for children in 2014 – Hamas organized the summer camp instead – the summer camps for kids included military training and anti-Semitic indoctrination (Al Monitor)
- Suheil al-Hindi, an UNRWA teachers’ representative, openly applauded suicide bombings at a school in the Jabaliya refugee camp in Gaza (Jewish Policy Centre)
- The Center for Near East Policy Research documented how the controlling union of UNRWA is led by Hamas jihadi Suheil Al Hindi. It also noted that eleven of fourteen positions in the UNRWA teachers’ union have been filled by Hamas members. (Breitbart)
- Notable graduates of the UNRWA school system include former Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh (Belfast Telegraph) and Abd al-Aziz Rantisi, the former Hamas chief (Jewish Policy Centre)
Sign if you agree: Canada should not fund UNRWA!